The motherboard is the most essential part of the every Windows PC. It pairs all the important internal hardware. Do you want to know the motherboard model number? Here’s how to check your motherboard model in Windows PC.
Steps for Checking Your Motherboard Model Using Command Prompt
- Click on the “Search” option, and it resembles a magnifying glass and is provided on the bottom left-hand side of the display.
- Enter “Command Prompt” in the search bar.
- Go to the Command prompt window.
- Otherwise, you need to right-click on the menu list showing on the Windows.
- Press on the Run button.
- Enter cmd in the provided bar.
- Press on the Enter button.
- After the Command Prompt gets open, you need to enter the code mentioned below:
wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber.
- Make sure you have entered the same code on the provided section; you should not add space after commas.
- In case you do so, then it starts showing that code incorrect.
- Press on the Enter button to verify the code.
- Now, all the important details of your Motherboard will display on the Command Prompt window.
Steps for Checking Your Motherboard Model Using System Information
- You need to right-click on the Start menu.
- After that, tap on the Run option.
- Otherwise, press on the Windows and R keys together.
- Enter msinfo32 in the given box.
- Then, tap on the Enter button,
- Otherwise, press on the OK button.
- Now, the System Information gets open on display.
- Press on the System summary option.
- Now, you will get the hardware components in the system.
- You need to search for the item located on the drop-down menu, which indicates “MotherBoard” or “Baseboard” option.
- The BaseBoard Manufacturer, BaseBoard Model, and Baseboard name appear on display.
- Now, you will get all the important details about the motherboard apart from the registration number.
- You can also get important details regarding the hardware and system by going to the System Information window.
Steps for Checking Your Motherboard Model Using DirectX Diagnostic Tool
- Go to the Run option or click Windows and R keys together.
- Enter dxdiag in the provided field.
- Click on the Enter button.
- Go through the system option once the windows start showing on the screen.
- Search for the “System Model,” and you need to copy it from that window.
- Now, you need to paste the copied system model number so that you can get a list of all the motherboard components.